Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2005, 12:18 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default My Greatest Comeback Ever, Please Share Yours!

Single-table sit n' go on Empire. Start with 800 chips. Early on I give up most of my chips during three-way action when I flop an open-ended straight draw.

I'm left with 75 (that's SEVENTY-FIVE) measly chips left. I go on to win the whole thing, I kid you not. I just made the right stands at the right times. And when my chip stack was healthy again played some amazing poker.

Heads-up we tossed around the chip lead numerous times, but eventually I took it back with 5/5 vs. his 9/10 (all-in pre-flop and I snagged a set, he hit his pair on the river) Then I took him down with Q/7 vs. his J/4.

Going from 75 chips to 8,000 was freaking amazing, I've never staged a comeback like that. Please feel free to share your greatest comeback stories, there HAS to be someone who's done it with 50 chips, or even 30! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]