Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2005, 02:51 AM

Default -120 bbs in 12 hours ... WTF?

Title kinda says it all, huh?

I've perplexed. Every hand I started, I'd miss the flop. Every nut I'd chase would not materialize. Every boat sunk. Every low (and high!) was 3/4er'd. And when I did finally hit a hand that would scoop the pot ... I'd get no action.

Argh!

What makes this particularly damning is that every article I read tells my O8 is the simplest game to beat. But I'll be honest, I must have been sitting at the wrong tables at Party because there has been some tight play in the last couple days.

And this is at the 1/.5 level!

(Frustrated, I tightened up my hand list. Repeated that I would only play nut hands/draws. After a few hours of virtually no action ... I started a PLO8 table. I figured if I was going to wait all day for a premium hand ... it might as well have the potential for a big pay off.

Long story short: I played maybe 6 hands in 6 hours outside the blinds. Broke even.)

Anyway, I didn't think there were anyone but fish at the $1 table level ... but I was hard pressed to find any in the last 12 hours. Most flops were seen by 3-4 people, playing tight on the flop. Co-operation was common (trapping non-nut hands between raisers) and 3/4-ing was the norm.

Just wondering if all those articles talking about how easy O8 to beat is presupposes you are playing a very loose, live table. The online game might be a different ball of wax.

Or maybe I just really suck.

All thoughts appreciated, sorry for the rant.

Best,
Zim

(PS looking at my biggest losses and wins ... over the last 30 hours. There is a definite pattern. During the day at Party, I get my ass kicked. At night, I clean up. Coincidence?)