Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2005, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Do you keep playing or quit?

Hey po, I know what you are saying. I too sought out Ed Miller's book to read up on the shortstack strategy after sitting at tables sometimes where everyone is shortstacked. Believe me, 98% of these folks that I play with regularly aren't employing any kind of special strategy. They are weak players playing with scared money. And when they push it's because they have A high, not AA.

Anywho, why wouldn't I want to play with weak players/scared money? Because I would rather play with poor players with normal stacks, which aren't hard to find. When you play with ss'ers, all those nice hands like sc's and pp's that you like to play for the implied odds.....well, you don't have the implied odds to play them if the villians are shortstacked. If a villian with a $20 stack makes it $3 to go and you hold 55, you have to fold it. The implied odds just aren't there for you if you hit your hand. 98s, same deal. Yeah, you can sit there and nut peddle and eek out a profit; but, it's not as good of an investment of your time as playing with a table full of normal stacks. IMO.