Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Go for Overcalls?

I need some help on the topic of, "Going for overcalls" and figured this hand that came up tonight would help me. My thinking when I made the plays on each street was that I could make an extra bet on each street by the two players behind me. And I wanted all three players to chase at any draws they could so they could end up to a second-best hand. Before the turn came, however, I was going to raise but once I saw the 2nd heart hit the board I thought, possibly one of them had a flush draw, and that would be very profitable for me so I just called. Now the part where I think I messed up is not raising the river. Was calling correct or was raising the better option with two players still to act?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)
converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB