Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2005, 02:10 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: Pokerstars: \"Where every game and every tournament is free\" ... ??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's really feasible to sharpen your game at play money tables. You can try to play solid, but when it doesn't really count, it's all too easy to just donk it up with everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to argue with you, because I pretty much agree. However, it's dangerously close to saying "I want to play higher limits to play against better players, because that's easier."

You can learn to beat play money games, same as extremely loose games. It just doesn't have much value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my observation was intended to be about discipline. I agree that you can learn to beat play money games (and that it doesn't have much value [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]); what I was trying to say is that when there's no real money involved, it's extremely hard to maintain the discipline necessary to do so. There's not much incentive when you do, and no real pain when you don't.

-Mike