Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Cocaine and flying on a plane (trace amount of cocaine)????

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
eastbay,

usually your posts are excellent and i can tell youre a smart guy, but here i think youre wrong. cocaine ruins peoples lives for a reason. its not as simple as "dont buy it anymore" if you are addicted. i think getting to a place where the drug isnt available and out of the "cocaine-poker-cocaine" routine is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstand me. My first post was just a stick-poke to see where this guy's at. He's bad. Real bad.

I'm not saying don't go. I'm saying going is not going to solve the problem. He's just going to buy when he gets back, unless someone is there to stop him. I've witnessed this more than once. I've seen what happens to people. The idea that "clearing his head" is going to change things for more than a few days after his return is a fantasy.

Certainly getting in a program is a necessity, but it sounds as if an outpatient program isn't going to be sufficient.

I'm not totally ignorant of the general idea personally, either. I've quit smoking, and I've read it many places that this is more difficult with a higher recitivism rate than just about any drug, including cocaine. People smoke through their stomas for a reason.

Quitting like this is as simple or complicated as you want to make it. Believe me, I've made it complicated, with the endless "first I'll just do this" excuses that never seem to end or produce the desired results. The desired results are realizing that you want to stop, and then stopping. Stopping consists of getting rid of your supplies and not buying any more. Period.

If you can't do that, you have to change your environment until you can.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure I have mentioned in several posts I am going to go into a program. I have also talked to a lot of Dr.'s lately and they have told me that the physical addiction to cocaine (not crack, but just regular cocaine) is not nearly as strong as they thought 10 years ago. So, I am not even worried about those side effects. They have also told me, and I am sure I have mentioned this also, that the amount of time I have been doing it is not very long in "coke head" standards by any means. And it won't be that tough. But, all the doctors also recommended that I seek some help. I think Cocaine Anonymous is a little much (I mean crap, I would never get passed step 1...i would have to skip that one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .). But, there are plenty of good programs where I live.

Also, I think you saying I am "bad, real bad" is wrong. I am obviously an addict. But, this is nothing compared to how it would be in 6 months or a year. Why do you think I am real bad? I would really like to know.