Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: What has been your biggest mistake in life so far?

[ QUOTE ]
Not going to medical school and getting married instead.... I am now divorced [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I convinced my wife to move here (to Norway from Poland) without finishing her education for two reasons:
-here in Oslo nobody cares what education you have. Personality and work experience is valued much higher (in a conversation with my boss after two years I just mentioned how it was in university and it turned out he did not know I had a degree).
-the city then was very boomish and in a desperate need for labor. You could visit to 6-7 agencies during one day and within 2 weeks you would have 5 good job offers with high pay even if you had no education or work experience.

Later I regreted a lot. I think this was my biggest mistake in my life. In her culture having a degree was/is important for self-esteem. When we split up I had so bad consciousness that I paid her the money needed to finish the education. Now she has went back to Poland to finish it and it makes me very happy (I am moving there in the end of this month since we are back together).