Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: continuing 300 Bb thread

reread my post as i think i explained it well. but sometimes what i say goes astray to what i mean.
but i do think you can have wild swings but you dont have to have them. i guess some people must or have to play in a particular game and cannot move or find greener pastures for what ever reason. they may have to weather out big swings if they cant play at primo times of the game. this i cant relate to as i wouldnt do it. just as those that live most of their lives out where they dont want to be because a sick relative wouldnt be happy moving.
there are so many easy games and places to play that winning an average of 4 or more times out of five should be easy. with loses smaller than wins.
i think the answer may be that people dont play properly when the game changes.
years ago on this forum i said i dont think i ever had a losing month. i dont remember ever losing more than about 50 bets in a game. i do admit i would tend to quit when getting stuck that much as it points toward being in a losing situation for the future as well.
when i have ever seen players lose that much or more it always is because they are playing poorly for that game. sometimes you get stuck before realizing this but if you dont have the ability to discover you are playing a losing game that may lead to the big downswings.
why would online lead you to have bigger downswings than live. it will have smaller ones as you are much more able to pick your spots.