FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Chinese Poker Hand

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I would play as follows:

Back [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A Q 9 7 4

Middle J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Front A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this play because it lets us put a strong pair in back and gives us the best chance to win all three, and probably still win 2/3 against those with a boat in back.

AAA66 in back and the Q flush in the middle gives us two very strong hands but a weak third.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I did.

AAA66
Q-hi flush
KJ9

I really thought going for the 2 almost sure wins and the raggity high-card would be the best way to do it. I knew the AA front hand would be a lock, but I didn't think the other two hands would hold up enough to make up the difference.

Anyway, I was really really wrong.

My way won an average of 1.67 points, and the flush-trips-pair won 1.90 points. Anyway, I wasn't that surprised that the other comination was better, I'm pretty new to CP, but I was amazed at just how big the difference was.

Also, I should've stated earlier that this was standard 2-4 with bonuses. My bad.

Tom, your

Back: AQ764
Middle: 9966K
Front: AAJ

Has an expectation of 1.31 points. So yeah, you're a fish [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]