Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: I NEED A MENTOR.

[ QUOTE ]
Moving up will teach you more. The players at the higher limits are better, sometimes much better. It will be like you eyes will be opened to a whole new dimension of the game.
Frankly, you cannot get better unless you play with better opponents. And that means moving up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the 30-60 and 80-160 at bellagio sometimes and always feel like I am beating the game. At least I see my opponents making what I feel are mistakes. I doubt this will teach me how to use game theory to call bluffs or how to give value to backdoor outs ect... This kind of stuff that I learned from the 2+2 books I doubt I could have ever figured out on my own. I am sure there is a lot more I am missing. How do I know if I am bluffing enough or to often. I know how to identifiy mistakes and exploit them, I just want to make myself unexploitable. I doubt just my judgement is enough against top flight players. There is no "New In Chess" for poker to keep up with the latest theory. If I am going to spend this much time on poker I need a good teacher. If not then I will just 8 table 15-30 on auto pilot and go back to chess or something I guess.