Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Is this crazy? 5/10 4-way pot.

5/10 max 1000 online

4 limpers to me on button with 76o. I raise to $65, blinds fold, ultra tight player call, shortstack moves in with his last $122 (sigh), fish calls $128, one fold.

Pot is now 330, so I call $67 more, not very happy with the all-in player, tight player calls too.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - Pot: $555 Stacks now: Tight player $850, fish $450, me $810 and one player is all-in

Checked around.

Anyone betting here to a dry sidepot?

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] making me two pair and putting a 3-flush on board.

Now tight player wakes up and bet $200, fish pushes for $450 after a short pause. Pot is now $1200

At the table this ran thru my head:

Fish has played very bad but agressive, he has called raises with 2nd pair and raised bets with draws. If he had the hearts, wouldn't he have bet flop? I think there is a resonable chance he is on a heart draw, maybe with a (lousy) A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Tight player is really taking care of his money and I think he can lay down a very good hand! Yes, he can have the nutflush, but I think he would bet that on flop with TPTK + flush draw and if fish is drawing, there is a good chance it is with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. If tight player don't have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], he don't have a made flush, since there is no way he will call my preflop raise first in with less than premium A or a pair. He might have slowplayed a set, he is not the agressive type and when he bets, he for sure has something.

I move in for $810 making it $610 more for tight player to a $2000 pot. Not good enough to draw to a full if he believes there is a flush out, which everything should indicate now.

Comments?

Results follows later.