Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2005, 06:17 PM

Default I folded these. Am I getting run over?

I seem to keep getting raised off my hand. Its happening more at Party than other places so I dont know if Im getting run over and folding too much or if Ive just run into better hands quite a bit. Here are a couple quick examples:

#1) 1 limper, I limp in LP with A5 of hearts. Both blinds play.
Pot is $40. The flop comes AT5. Checked to me and I bet $40. Only the BB calls.

Pot is $120. Turn is a Q. He checks and I bet $80. he check raises to $425 and has only another $150 behind. I fold.

#2) Button limps, SB raises to $30. I call in the BB with 99. Button calls also.

Pot is $90. Flop is 743 rainbow. SB checks, I bet $70. Button folds and then SB check raises to $175. I have $1000 and he has me covered. Hes shown down strong hands every time Ive seen him play big hands. I fold. (The hand just before this one he raised preflop and then checked an all rag all club flop and then raised the turn all in. He had AA with no club and beat QQ)

#3) I limp in MP with AJ. LP limps and the blinds play.
Pot $40. Flop is A85. Checked to me and I bet $40. LP folds and then one of the blinds check raises to $120. I fold.

#4) EP raises to $30, 1 caller, I reraise to $120 with QQ. They both call.

Pot is $375. The flop is 964. Checked to me and I bet $300. original raiser calls and then the other guy pushes all in. He has me covered and its another $775 to me. This has to be a fold right? I cant see how he could do that and not be able to beat QQ after the 1st guy called the $300.

These hands are at different tables at different times so I dont think anyone is purposly raising me because they know I will fold, but since Ive only recently started playing this game alot (Party $5/$10), Im not sure if Im not making the proper adjustments from lower stakes and if Im letting them run over me too much.