Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Am I too good?

After playing online for over a year and a half, so far I have been invited to four mini home tournaments by a dude that I emailed responding to a home poker ad. The four tournaments we played were as follows:

$20 NL 4 players (Me, host, his 2 friends)
$20 NL 3 players (one went home)
$40 NL 5 players (Me, host, my friend, his 2 friends)
$40 NL 5 players (Same thing)

We played 'winner takes all' for every tourney and... I won all four of them! If my calculations are correct, I made $420 in just over 4 hours of playing Poker.

So the host did seem like he found some fish to play with but the funny thing is, he said he paid for his appartment playing Poker, as well as for the table and all equipement.

Now, the problem is, I don't get invited to their touraments no more [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Even though I found new players he (the host) doesn't care. He ignores my messages and is obviously avoiding to play me. Trust me it was not luck, I was able to read every opponent like an open book. The ONLY time when it was luck was the final game when I had a 4-1 chip advantage against the only other player left with huge blinds and went all in with 67s against his K6o. Flop came x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and that was it.

So tell me, what am I supposed to do for my precious skill at Poker not go to waste?

I can't seem to understand how players like Negranu and P Ivey can find opponents that are whilling to play them for even money so easily.