Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Am I a moron?

PokerRoom $10-1 MTT, 230+ players at start, down to about 60. Top 20 pays. I'm about 40th position overall, with roughly 4400 chips. Villain is button and overall chip leader with 20K. Blinds are 150/300.

Table has been together for about 30 minutes. It is beginning to tighten except for big-stacked villain, who has been entering 50 percent of the pots and running people off their hands.

Hero has 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP.

One limper to hero, who rasies to 800. Villain calls, all others fold.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets 1200, Hero raises to 2400, Villain calls.

I took a risk with the check-raise, figuring villain would bet nearly anything here, and probably had two high cards to call PF. When he calls my flop raise, I figure I'm behind and am fully prepared to fold the turn.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero pushes.

I'm a complete novice to no-limit. Is this correct? I assumed with trips, I can't fold, and the only other play is all-in. Any help would be appreciated. I may well be a moron, so use small words.