Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2005, 04:50 PM

Default The Gilpin in Black Hawk, CO Poker League

I'm just guaging interest here, because I'm not sure yet whether I'd even be able to do it or not. Would anybody in the Denver area care to get a 2+2 team together for The Gilpin's now-forming NLHE poker league? Frankly, I'd just be doing it for fun more than the prize money.

The league is 10 4-man teams. Each Sunday at Noon, for I believe 4 weeks, each man will play in one of four single-table tournaments, earning points for where he finishes. Winning one of these qualifying tournaments gets you a bonus 5 points. After the qualifying tournaments, there's a final multi-table tournament where each player gets 100 chips per point that his team earned in the qualifiers.

Buy-in is $200+$50 per team. Payout is 50% to first, 30% to second, and 20% to third place. Winning team also gets free entry into the next league to defend their title.

I've e-mailed the room (tournament?) director at The Gilpin, Brian Weaver (Weav) for a few more details, which I'll share when I get a response.