Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Questions

What made me lay awake in the night and think about this hand is the turn play, but since this got to be a little longer than I though, I've broken it down.

Even though I've had a lot of sucess playing this game I am still a beginner and I realize every day how much more there is for me to learn.

One of the concepts I've learned about since coming here is WA/WB. I've serached the archives and read dozens of threads where this concept is discussed and I think I have a very good understanding of WA/WB from a theoretical perspective, I have a problem with it from a practical perspective. Usually when a hand is concidered here to be WA/WB I tend to overvalue the possibility of WA and undervalue the possibility of being WB.

WA/WB is usually being descibed as having raised with Ax and being 3-bet by a decent player and catch an Ace on the flop. The recommended course of action for a Hero oop is usually c/c, c/c, bet/fold.

Does this apply to the following hand?

I have never played with MP2 before but his alias is identical to the 2+2 username of a respected SS poster so I assumed he is a good player.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero??