Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Motivation

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. When I moved to my current level, poker was exciting again. But the problem right now is that I'm not good enough to move up yet. So I'm stuck in the middle between learning a new limit and learning a new limit. Make sense? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it makes sense, but i don't believe it. i'd believe you wouldn't be winning at the same rate and that your comfort level would be much lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to stay at my current level for a few more months. When I move up I need to know that I have the skills required to beat the game. I have sweated a friend playing the 5/10 sh game. I cannot beat that game right now.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know. I expected this and I don't take it the wrong way. Unless it's not funny. Then it's just dumb. Funny jokes are fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

So seriously, why is Mel Gibson on your avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask the farmer.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in a deviation from your normally displayed maturity, your post basically nails you spot on as a youngster.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Ya! No matter how smart I am or how mature I am or how much I rock at poker, the fact remains that I am immature in many ways. I accept this fact. But in this post I am trying to find a way to become more mature.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can lead a horse to water.....

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. And this fact directly relates to my immaturity. Moving beyond just buying whatever I want and whenever is a step that I'm going to have to take. And truth be told, the fact that I don't have to pay any (significant) bills probably exacerbates the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the horse got to water.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand. Your old people adagiums (or is it adages) don't make any sense.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ya. I think I'm going to do this. Except not really. There's an ATL 2+2 tourney on Saturday and it's my last weekend in town. I think I'll play 10+1 limit SNGs. They're pretty fun. And I want to dominate the tourney. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

NL sngs is funner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya. But the 2+2 tourney is limit.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
damn i'm old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that this is the only given in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

that avatar better be smoking...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, we need to talk about that...

Anyway, I'm still on this thread instead of shooting 85 because it's raining. How [censored] dumb is that.