Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Mundane? AA played as pre-flopped set 5/10

[ QUOTE ]
I like bumping it up big if MP plays well, other than his rockishness. By limp-coldcalling and then staying in the hand postflop, you're representing at least AK. If he's good, I think you lose him on the turn if he has AK.

Even if he isn't good, I like checking the flop and seeing what bad player does. When you bet out full pot after limp-coldcalling, you're giving off a lot of strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree to this.

Either you have given me wrong idea about MP or i have missunderstood the read ( i might just be plain dumb )

Would really a player like MP call down all the way with AK, wouldnt he test is strenght?

Is he more likely to raise with Kings than AK on flop or on turn ?

Would he really call with AK when flush hits, the only hand i see him beating before the river is flushdraw. Unless you think he would go out of line to get a split pot ?

Thats why i must ask, may seem abit stupid. Are you bluffing on the river to make him think you have set, so hey fold the flush ?

So i dont see the point of playing the hand this way, i would like the play if you knew he had AA too.

I really like checking the flop instead of betting out, trying to get it allin on turn. Unless someone are screaming SET.

My big point is, when playing this way:
Can MP really put you on somehting worse than AK ?
You cant beat anything else than AK.