Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2005, 06:34 PM

Default which direction do I go

There are a few should I turn pro posts, this isn't one of them. I'm not ready nor do I have the bankroll. My question is, to win $1000 a week, at what level (and aproximate hours, was thinking 4 or 5 days a week, 5 - 8 hours a day), of different types of games would I need to be at. Which would be the most consistant. I enjoy the MTT's, placed well in a couple, but they aren't at all consistant. SNG's seem doable. I've read 15% ROI which means if my math is even close, 120 a week at the $50 level. I've also read the 15% is doable at lower levels, what can you expect at the $50 or $100 level?

I actually have about 10k hands at the pp $25 nl, 5k before they changesd the blind structure a few months ago at 17ish bb / 100, and about 12 bb / 100 after the change. That is mainly due to table selection, thurs- fri or sat night, 4 tables. My stacks dwindle for a while, and have huge spikes upwards with big pots. I don't know if that is how most do it, but it works for me. Not sure if it is consistant enough for 1k a week though.

Only did one reload worth of limit, don't have the PT in front of me, but if it weren't for the bonus, I think I would have lost money. It was a real unlucky streak of cards though, 800ish hands, 7 AA's(which isn't the unlucky part), one split, one win, the rest losses, including losing to aa via the flush one hand. Not discounting limit totally, if it was the consensus advice, I'd put in the hands to get a better feel of my play.

The PP shootouts intrigue me, seems like you only have to win the first round and the rest is gravy.

I mainly play on PP, have a few acounts on a few other site. Not stars yet. Bankroll is 1kish, although I could dig again here and there.

Where do I start? BWing? Build my bankroll to what amount? in order to concentrate on what specific game?

What I like are MTT's. What I think I play best at(right now) is NL. What would be most consistant would be limit.

Any gentle pushes(or even smacks upside the head) towards the direction I should go would be most appreciated.

Joe