Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2005, 08:28 AM

Default Red Sox fans are now just as bad as Yankee fans.

I hate them both evenly at this point. But the Red Sox may pull ahead before the end of the year.

I am a White Sox fan, born and raised in Chicago, and this obsession with Boston sickens me. You hadn't won a World Series in 80 years...big F'in deal. Neither have we! My Sox never even get close. I'd take a dozen playoff heartbreaks rather than the crap I have to live with.

I hate Manny Ramirez, the fact that he makes more anually than our entire starting infield combined, and that the nationial sports media covers him more than my team, which is by far the best in baseball. I hate Johnny Damon, because he's largely been a mediocre center fielder for his entire career. Does anyone even remember him on KC? I do, and he wasn't that good. Curt Schilling: being the 10th best right handed starter of your generation doesn't make you the Jesus Christ of baseball.

The giant payroll, the fairweather fans, Bill Simmons devoting his entire career to the Red Sox, Big Papi (who still has a total of merely 2 productive seasons), people named Trot, Keith Foulke (who as any White Sox fan will tell you was over the hill two years ago and cannot come in during the 8th inning), and Tim Wakefield. F all of you.