Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2005, 02:48 AM

Default PP 30/60: 88 vs TA1

10 handed - Very solid 19/10 UTG raises.
I 3-bet on the button with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
The rest fold UTG calls.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Check call
Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Check bet and UTG CR's. I mean it's possible he has 1010/JJ or 55 but I just don't think he would risk the turn getting checked through if he has a pair. I think this is a perfect spot from his perspective if he has a pair for a lead turn bet because he's insulated from a raise by the 3 flush/pair on board. Of course I would have raised the turn if he had bet but that's beside the point. Small chance he has a mid-pair but I'm pretty sure he has big overcards with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. So I 3 bet and he calls.

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] He checks and I bet because he may call with an ace for the split putting me on AK with a heart and if he called the turn with a pair he will call the river. I do fear the check-raise because I have a real tough call I think.

Thoughts?