Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Why You Dont Play at Crypto

So I decided to take a break from limit and dip my toes back into the nl pond. Unfortunately I was playing at a site with backasswards rules, the Cryptologic network.

I believe that I am correct in assuming that the following disregard for standard poker procedure occurs at no other major poker sites. But I could be wrong.

Basically, my problem is that the reraise all in by "Villian" should not be allowed because "Shortstack" did not make a complete raise when he went all in.

The only reason I called Villian2's all-in was because I believed I was closing the action. If I had known Villian1 would have an option to reraise, I would definitely not have called. This specific scenario ran thru my head as the timer clicked down. So you can see why I am not happy.

Here is the hand: 1/2 NL(pounds)

Seat 1: Hero (£449.50 in chips)
Seat 3: Rando1 (£95.25 in chips)
Seat 4: Rando2(£467.95 in chips)
Seat 5: Rando3 (£167 in chips)
Seat 6: Rando4 (£88 in chips)
Seat 7: Villian (£224 in chips)
Seat 8: Shortstack (£104.50 in chips)
Seat 9: Rando5 (£175.89 in chips)
Hero: posts small blind £1
Rando1: posts big blind £2
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Hero [6d 5d]
Rando2: folds, Rando3: folds, Rando4: folds, Villian: calls £2, Shortstack: calls £2, Rando5: folds, Hero: calls £1, Rando1: checks
----- FLOP ----- [6s Jd 2d]
Hero: bets £6, Rando1: folds, Villain: calls £6, Shortstack: raises to £18, Hero: calls £12, Villain: calls £12
----- TURN ----- [6s Jd 2d][9s]
Hero: checks, Villian: checks, Shortstack: bets £34, Hero: calls £34, Villian: raises to £68, Shortstack: raises to £84.50 and is all-in, Hero: calls £50.50, Villian: raises to £204 and is all-in, Hero: folds
Returned uncalled bets £119.50 to Villian
----- RIVER ----- [6s Jd 2d 9s][9h]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Villian: shows [Jh Jc] (A Full House, Jacks full of Nines)
Shortstack: shows [Kh Ks] (Two Pairs, Kings and Nines, Jack high)
Villian collected £312.50 from Main pot

Sorry for the nasty hand, crypto doesnt work with the converter.

So, two questions...

Do I have a legitimate beef, or is it my fault I invested an extra 50.5 pounds without knowing the rules of the site.

Regardless, do I have a shot at getting my money returned to me? I plan on firing off some emails, do I have any chance in hell of seeing that money again?