Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Tips on how to adapt now...

Hi everyone,

I've been playing poker for a little over a year now, previous to that I had never really played cards but I fell in love with Texas hold-em when I first played. I started playing in home games with friends. After being middly successful there, I decided to read more on the theory behind the game.

I've read some books, started watching episodes on TV and read many articles including recently this board.

The first time I played online I deposited $50 and played .25/.50 limit. I lost most of it calling with questionable hands. Since then I've learned how to calculate odds and I'm better at following the play of my opponents.

I didn't like the structure of limit HE though so I started playing SnG and deposited another 50, playing 5+1 at Paradise. I played breaking even most of the time, loosing some winning some and yesterday I was at $60 and lost it all during SnG. I know I played on tilt but it just seemed that tournament after tournament I lost to suckouts draw and frankly I was, as I had the winning hand most of the time after the flop.

I feel like I'm getting the hang of it and could eventually be a ok player, I don't have any intention of turning pro or what so ever but I would still like to make a profit. I feel like I'm getting better but am so destroyed by bad beats, I react like Hellmuth but don't have the experience to overcome the tilt, lol.

I know a $100 isn't much for playing 3 months specially since I started not knowing much and have since then gained experience...but I'm just curious as to what you guys think.

How much money did you put in before making a profit, how many months of practice did you put in before breaking even, making a profit or so. Just wondering as I'm pondering if I should deposit more money or not right now. I want to play but play money games just are full of idiots.