Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2005, 12:55 PM

Default A Raise Anywhere?

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

EP raises, LP cc, sb calls, I call

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

sb donk bets (he loves to donk bet into a PF raiser. I've seen him do it with middle pair, and strong draws, however, he follows up a small % of the time on the turn without some improvement) I know a raise is coming because EP is aggressive. Another thought I had was to raise this flop. I probably have at least 10 weighted outs against the donk better and there's a possibility I could get rid of big overcards in case they fall, and the EP raiser was raising with AJo and so forth so he's most likely to have overcards. However, he didn't play well postflop and probably wouldn't fold them anyway. Thoughts on this if he were tighter postflop?

I call, EP raises, LP folds, I call

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

So..I catch my straight, but sb donk bets again. He's improved somehow and the most obvious is the flush draw. I just call. I'm thinking I may be better off just getting EPs bet than raising here, knocking him out and risking an expensive 3 bet from a flush. Also, I don't think EP would fold a big heart, but should I charge him more to draw to it if he has it?

EP calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

sb bets. Here's where I was most inclinded to raise. EP is free rolling now with probably the 3rd best hand. Again, I was thinking I could get his overcall and not risk a 3 bet from possible flush. If he didn't have the flush, I'm sure I would only get 1 from him anyway. However, EP will now probably call 2 bb with a big A.

I call

What do you think?