Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Life and Death

I apologize beforehand for posting this topic in this section but considering I am a deeply devote 2+2 i hoped that someone from the 2+2 community could help me in any regards to the paper grammatically, pscychologically or any other possible matter, and figured that the pscychology section would be the best area for me to post this

http://www.smc.edu/admissions/Dates_Deadlines_20052.htm
http://www.moorpark.cc.ca.us/htdocs/...ummer/math.htm
August 5th, 2005

Lisa Garcia
UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
U.C.L.A.

LETTER OF APPEAL

Dear Mrs. Garcia

Enclosed, please find my Pierce College transcripts as well as my Moorpark Calculus II transcript. Attached to this letter is a schedule of Santa Monica Community College and Moorpark Community College, Summer 2005 schedules. On July 3rd 20005, I received a letter from U.C.L.A. Undergraduate Admissions Office of notification of a withdrawal of my acceptance. At this point I contacted the Admissions Office and was informed that I did not complete my required classes. On July 5th I proceeded to go to Santa Monica Community College, to incur into taking the Calculus II class, unfortunately to my dismay I was told that classes began on: 1) June 20th, 2005 for the 6 week classes and 2) June 25th for the 8 week classes. Unfortunately I was unable to take the class because the class was in its 3rd week of progress. I therefore searched for other available Calculus II classes; fortunately, Moorpark Community College had a Calculus II class available beginning July 5th. I proceeded from Santa Monica College to go to Moorpark Community College and add Calculus II. Attached is my transcript from Moorpark stating that I received the letter grade A in Calculus II. Interestingly enough in my original application sent in 2003-2004 one of the three subjects that I choose to write about, in regards to missed opportunities, was a story about a young man named Biff Loman in the novel A Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller. The story concerns a man named Biff Loman who does not take a Math class and thus has both his scholarship and acceptance withdrawn, I hope that this situation does not become a real life Death of a Salesman story. Another important fact is that I have now taken the maximum allowed transferable units from a Junior College to U.C.L.A. and therefore have no other educational opportunities available for me to continue in. Hopefully after careful consideration and on the merits of my transcripts from both Pierce Community College and Moorpark I am reinstated to U.C.L.A.

Humbly and Regretfully yours,
Ariel Basch