Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: All in with AQs from UTG+1 I get too much action.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just tried .50/1.00 for the first time tonight!
I've more than doubled my $20 buy in about ten hands ago, by picking off a pure buff and making a continuation bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like to me you have some serious bankroll management issues.

First you're too scared to buyin the max at a .25/.5 table and now you're playing .5/1? Good lord dude... you really need to settle down and get some bankroll management or else you're going to be dealing cards soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your advice,

You're right you know, I'm dumb just taking a shot at .5/1 when I have huge holes in my game/understanding. I think I need poker playing skill more than I need bankroll management skill (I have over 40 buyins)

I just saw 50% players seeing the flop (on Stars) on this table and thought I'd take a shot at .5/1.

I buy in the minimum so I can adjust my stack size to that of the weakest players, rather than just buy in for the max. This helps me avoid getting outplayed postflop by the better players if they have big stacks (usually the case with the better players.)