Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2005, 04:22 PM

Default An interesting point made an MH limit (aka it\'s good to move up)

bicyclekick:
"Yes, playing higher has made me a significantly better player at 30/60. And I mean VERY significantly. So there might be a bad player or two at the 100/200, but there are 4 other players who are about equal or better players than you are and you need to learn how to play hands differently versus very tough opponents and take more meta game stuff into consideration."

I realized that this was teh same for me. When I started playing 0.5/1 a few months ago, I thought it was a lot of money. I mean, I could lose $40 in one session! That's a lot to a broke college kid.

Basically over the past 3 months I've moved up like wildfire. as soon as I had the respective bankroll I moved to the new limit, then eventually took a shot at 5/10 6max, and was very successful. After playing 5/10 6max for about a month, I hit a bit of a downswing, and moved to 2/4 full for a while, 8tabling the whole way, and it was a world of difference. Bets were bets instead of $4 or $8 or whatever, and losing $200 in a day no longer had any effect on me, since I managed to lose 1600 in two days at higher limits.

my main games right now are 3/6 6max and 5/10 6max, and I plan on moving to 10/20 6max as soon as I have the bankroll for it again.

I'm having a hard time expressing this, but I think moving up when you have the bankroll is VERY important because of this. If you think you're losing, you can move down. No big deal. And your play will probably be better.