Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2005, 04:53 AM

Default profiting/progressing most easily as a limit player or an SnG player?

Right now I'm in the process of moving my relatively tiny bankroll from pacific poker to Party. I started playing poker with my friends in home games, signed up at pacific, never deposited but found a free $25 dollars in my account which I then turned into $400 after reading WLLH and this forum.

I'm trying to figure out what I want to concentrate on when I switch to Party, LHE or SnGs. Can anyone with experience in both tell me their experiences as far as which one was easier for them to progress in levels, and which they thought most profitable in the long term? Enjoyment is not really an issue, I played microlimit to start out and then switched to SnGs and I liked both but it's been a while since I played limit.

I did a search for one of the old threads comparing win rates of limit players at certain levels to win rates of SnG players at similar levels (relatively), but didn't find what I was looking for. If anyone has some of this information saved up I would appreciate it.