Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2005, 10:37 PM

Default hotly disputed $5 rebuy hand with repsected MTTer

Ok some background to the hand. $5 rebuy on stars, around 200 left. Villain has a huge stack from some crazy play in the rebuy period. The whole table went a bit mental which explains why there are so many chips on the table. I have been fairly active in late position picking up a few pots unchallenged. The previous round I raised with some junk from the button just at the same time someone asked who was still on our table from the original starters. When someone said I was, I commented 'maybe not for much longer if I raise the chip leader's blind'. the bb then folded saying 'I was going to call until your comments'.

The following round I feel he is ready to make a play at me and as luck would have it find a genuine hand on the button. I type 'you gonna call this time?' as i make a slightly larger raise looking as if I don't want to be called (or so I thought). He moves in instantly. My thoughts to follow the hand

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1200 (9 handed) converter

UTG (t10635)
UTG+1 (t9528)
MP1 (t65130)
MP2 (t24489)
MP3 (t6812)
CO (t8405)
Hero (t39180)
SB (t20817)
BB (t79572)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t4800</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t79497</font>, Hero?????

I thought that he could be making this play with a huge range of hands. Not quite any 2 cards but not that far off. Although taking the risk that he could have overcards so i'm flipping, I also thought there was a decent chance i could be miles ahead of a smaller pair or some bs resteal. If I call and win I have a double the avg stack with some serious chances to bully the table, if i fold i have an about avg stack. Anyways its fairly obvious I called by now, I got a lot of stick for this at he table, I even had the well known player's fan club taking shots at me. To be honest, I gave it some thought but came to the conclusion it was an easy call against his range. What say ye?