Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Two instances of overplaying AAxx?

$100 PLO, both times I'm in the early position and limped with AAxx (the xx being totally uncoordinated). Both times I had a $100 stack and both times there was a pot raise and 2 callers behind me, leaving me with the option to reraise the pot to about $40, which, if called, the pot would then be big enough so that it would allow me to push my whole stack in on the flop as the first to act.

I did this both times, and was called by only the raiser both times. Both times the flop came rags and I pushed all in against my single, prflop raising opponent.

Before I show results, do you think I'm playing AA wrong here?

Ok the first time I lost my whole stack but only because I was called on the flop by KKxx, who had nothing on the flop but rivered a king. The second time I doubled up on some idiot who called the Q83 rainbow flop with 9876 (only a pair of eights, no straight or flush draw) and I held up.

So IOW, did I get lucky to be facing two total idiots in these two hands? Or am I correct to continue playing AA this way - hoping to push all in against one opponent no matter what the flop comes?

Thanks

-Matt