Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2005, 04:43 AM

Default live 2-5 nl

I'm in a crazy $2-$5 that I regularly play in. On this particular evening, there are constant straddles from almost every position at the table. The rules in this particular room is that you can straddle at least 2x BB and up to your whole stack, though they typically range from $10-$25. The stacks range from fairly shallow (300) to very deep ($2500). I have ~$1200 behind, and my image is very tight. I've shown down maybe 4 hands. Two of which were AA, and one was the nut flush.

I'm UTG and hold KK. I limp, knowing with 90% certainty that it will be raised behind me. Sure enough, it's limped around to a woman in middle position who raises to $50 (she has $120 behind), a fairly standard raise in this game. She could have a pocket pair, any suited ace, or total trash. She's definitely the producer of the table. The only other solid player sits immediately to her left, and smooth calls (he's sitting on about $700, but not much of a concern, since he would raise to isolate with any kind of big hand).

Player immediately to his left, in CO makes it $200 (with $500 more behind). CO is very loose, and could have any number of hands. Just saw him call off his whole stack with Ace high on the flop, no draw.

It's folded around to me.

What's your move hereto get maximum value? All-in? Min raise to $400? Smooth call, and push on flop?