Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Foxwoods 20/40 BB TPWK

So I hit up the Woods 20/40 last night. I firmly believe this post belongs in this forum (micros, maybe) considering the play was so much worse than Party 3/6 I can't even tell you. And I like you guys so I want to hear what you guys have to say.

Foxwoods 20/40 (10 handed)

I'm in the BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

UTG+1 limper is a bit of a pre-flop and flop lag but probably the second-best player at the table (behind yours truly... no other 2+2ers anywhere to be seen) and plays pretty well on the big bet streets.

UTG + 2 is a very, very big fish. Giant calling station. Calls to the river with extremely marginal holdings. Only raises near nut hands. Doesn't ever raise pre-flop. Will willingly call multiple bets on the flop with weak/non-existent draws, single overcards, etc...

MP limper is a tight-weak bitch. He can maybe play a little, but has the horrible tendency of badly underplaying hands. Earlier flopped trip jacks and folded face up to a single river bet when an A hit, complaining about how the dealer "put up a two-outer."

LMP limper is new to the table.

The

Pre-flop: UTG +1, UTG +2, MP, and LMP limpers. SB completes. I say "let's play" in some clever fashion.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Deranged bets, UTG +1 calls, UTG + 2 calls, MP raises, LMP folds, SB folds, Deranged calls, UTG +1 calls, UTG +2 calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Deranged checks, UTG +1 checks, UTG +2 checks, MP bets, Deranged folds...

The obvious questions are:

1. What is the best line on the flop?
2. Does anyone get to the river here?