Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2005, 01:51 AM

Default I have no home

How many times a day do we say "unfuckinbelievable" while playing? At least a few, right? Well, thats nothing to this:

I moved to the Scottsdale/Phoenix area in March of 2004 and my wife and I picked out a nice homesite and builder where we could spend more than we ever have on a house. On July 28, 2004 we put down our good faith money, and anticipated moving into our new home and enjoying the pool well before summer of 2005 (scheduled to be done in April).

To make a long story short, it's been like the movie "The Money Pit" where we keep getting told the work will be done in "two weeks" for three months now. We gave our 30-days notice before our vacation, then went month-to-month on our townhome lease, but something funny happened four days ago:

Our leasing agent forgot to tell us that they had rented our townhome, and we had to be out by the end of the month. Ever tried to get movers on one day's notice?

We managed to get a huge storage container dropped off, and my wife and I moved everything out in a day and a half. I thought I was old and out of shape until my wife told me that when we started on Wednesday is had been 117 degrees. No kidding -

Anyway, I have taken up residence in a hotel for a few weeks to get over my near-death from moving in a frying pan, and have been sitting in the pool, instead of next to it.

Anybody ever mention that it gets hot in Phoenix?

Have a nice weekend guys.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]