Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: What exactly is \"Trolling\"?

AC,

This thread could go in many different directions......please don’t be so cocksure about my intentions.

FWIW, I think that I could just as easily be accused of “trolling” just by addressing this issue, but I will tell you that what my intention by doing so is to attempt to grasp the essence of a multi-faceted issue.

I’ve watched the charges & counter charges fly back & forth in other strings. None of us are below misunderstanding or confusion or forming opinions (positive or negative) based upon the perceived substance (or lack thereof) of another posters writings.

IMO, any poster is entitled to state their opinion. They are entitled to stick their own feet in their mouth if they so choose. They are entitled to act in a childlike manner should they wish. Along with this entitlement also comes the responsibility for them to defend/justify whatever position they take.......let the chips fall where they may. They also have a responsibility to follow the rules of the forum.

However, shouldn’t a moderators’ position be at least one level higher removed from a poster? I’m not sure that in the Dynasty/Smoothcall imbroglio that that is the case.

It’s so very easy to take shots at Smoothcall because of how he posts, and many have and do. I’m wondering how many are really looking at WHAT he is saying instead of passing judgment on him because of HOW he expresses himself.

I sense a bit of superficial ‘killing the messenger’ in this regard, and I’m wondering how some other posters see it.....