Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Dealer Mistake.....what should i have done???

I was playing at the Taj last week in a 1/2 NL game. Out of the big blind (there are two limpers) I flop a set of queens (I am holding queen/nine). Checks around after the flop (no scare cards....no flush or straight draws) I check again after the turn (the turn wasn't scary either). An ace hits on the flop and i throw a 15 dollar bet out. The next player folds, but the last player to act is still thinking. At this point the dealer turns over all the cards on the board and mixes them with the unused cards. The last player to act yells at her saying "Hey, I wanted to raise" (It is worthy of note, that I was obviously going to call, perhaps raise any bet) I say nothing, giving the dealer the opportunity to straighten things out. She thinks about what she did for a few seconds and announces a split pot. The other play complains saying he wants the pot and flips over Ace -Ten. I then say - "its my pot"- i have the third queen. The table (not the dealer) all agree i should take the pot. (All seven dollars plus my 15 bet). Which is fair enough (ALthough, i would have liked the other players 15 dollar bet since he was so willing to take my 15).....The money obviously doesn't matter to me. But what should i have done differently to rectify that mistake. It obviously cost me a lot of money if the player was going to throw in a reraise. Any thoughts?