Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Do you say anything about this dealer error

Playing last night at Foxwoods and the following situation came up. I am not in the hand when the following occurs:

There are 3 players in the pot and on the river the shortstack wins the pot. The dealer is matching the shortstacks stack with the 2 opponents larger stacks. As he is doing this the dealer adds an extra $5 chip into one of the stacks which would basically give the shortstack an extra $5.

I notice that and tell the dealer that the stacks are not the same size. Now the shortstack who has just won this $200 pot gets pissed at me and tells me to be quiet since I was not in the pot. We got into an argument about this and he felt that it was none of my business.

I thought it was a no-brainer decision to speak up and make sure the pot is correct. I would say something if I was the shortstack. Although I want to win, I don't want to do it by cheating or pulling an angle.

So do you keep quiet or what?

As an aside the the guy who won the sidepot was a megafish and would surely be giving the $5 back to the table soon enough. The shortstack would buy-in for $40, lose and then rebuy. He was probably stuck 200-300.

Ken