Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Why are poker players (and in particular these forums) so hostile?

[ QUOTE ]
This poster is a troll, one that is very likely the lastest version of a somebody who has trolled SS for a while. They didn't start getting insulted until they A- insulted one of the more respected SS posters B- started posting advice that was fundamentally incorrect.

Every legitmate response to this thread just gives this person the attention they're just bugging for.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? I have never posted on 2+2 before, I am certainly not trying to be a troll, and I have never posted anything respectful questions and comments (except a few barely hostile responses to some real jerk posts on the SS forum). I don't know who you have me confused with, but I'm not here to troll, just to learn.

And as for "posting advice that is fundamentally incorrect" I can only assume you are referring to the Q8s post and the AJ post. As for the AJ hand, it's pretty clear I was correct. Q8s is more debatable, but I'd still fold it and leave it to other "better" players to play it.

As for "insulting" one of the more respected SS posters ... sfer talks down to SS constantly, and any disagreement with him he tends to treat as some mortal insult. He's often pedantic and childish. He's also sometimes just plain wrong, but the SS people seem to treat him like a god and he cannot ever admit it.

I'm sure he's nice in real life and all, but his posts are often unhelpful, sometimes counterproductive (like his short, empty "I'd do this"-type posts), and sometimes strategically incorrect. Yet when someone points this out, it's a sign of "disrespect"? I'm confident I am as good a SS player as he is, and I am sure there are many SS posters who can say the same, so disagreeing with him or pointing out when his posts are lame should hardly be the capital crime it has become on that forum. There are many good players there who can provide insight even when it is at odds with the "stars" of the board.

~ Tilts