Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2005, 01:34 PM

Default I\'m going to Disneyworld! Tell me where to stay

Last week I started to think about taking the family on vacation since I was having a sick-good July at the tables. But I didn't want to jump the gun just yet since I didn't want a $3,000 dent in the bankroll. Then yesterday I took down 2nd place in the $55 rebuy on Stars to the tune of $3950 (Damn you, UHA Gambler...lucky fker! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

So anyway, I'd like to start planning a trip for the 3 of us (wife and 2 1/2 year-old daughter) to Disneyworld in Orlando.

So a few questions:

What is a good family-orientated hotel in Orlando to stay at? I don't necessarily want a hotel that is totaly swarming with kids. That would drive me friggin' nuts. Don't get me wrong. I love kids but a mass of them on vacation is -EV. I also don't want to stay somewhere that has no kids and no kids stuff either. I'd like something in between. I hope you get the idea. (btw..prices not important at the moment)

2. Parks: Magic Kingdom is a must (my daughter wants to see Mickey Mouse's castle). But what about Animal Kingdom? I'm not sure what it's like so would it be good for a 2 1/2 yr old? What other parks/attractions do you recommend?

3. Anything else you can think of.

Thanks!
HEK