Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Is This Success Usual?

Hi,

I am new to poker, just over a month now. I am diligently reading poker books, watching poker on tv, and practising a lot. I was hesitant about playing for real, and joined a site that gave me a free $10 just for signing up. I have now entered 18 Sit and Go's, generally of a small buy in of about $2.50. I have won 7 of these, finished second 3 times, and 3rd twice, meaning I am in the money 13 times. I have also entered some freerolls and have finished very high in them, generally in the top 50.

By learning the basics, playing the right starting hands, to be tight and aggressive, is it usually this easy to make a profit. I know this is lower levels I am starting at but I still expected the competition to be more intense. Is it usually this easy? And could I consider moving up a level, or should I stay where I am and continue to make a profit.

The people I read here, and online on the forums, are an awful lot better,so do the people who take the time to learn the game make a nice profit online?

What happened to the 90% of poker players are losers stat I read about,or are the 10% of sharks feeding of the 90& of fish

Trev