Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2005, 11:11 PM

Default The only thing I did right was 3 bet pre-flop.

It's about the 5th orbit and I haven’t played a hand yet! My cards have been ice cold and both these guy have been stealing from me regularly. Bu is a bit loose but plays ok after the flop. SB collcalls too much but is otherwise ok. The table has been fairly tight aggressive but it’s the only ten handed 10-20 game going at Pokerroom at the moment.

I’m in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Folded to Bu who raises. SB coldcalls, and I 3 bet. Bu caps, we both call. 3 players and 12sb’s to the Flop:

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I flop top 2 pair with no club on an all club board. I’m possibly way ahead, pretty far behind, or in great danger of falling behind. I have a great deal of trouble coming up with the right game plan in these situations. With this size pot, I’m not going to get a flush draw to fold. I decided that the pot was big enough so I when into check call mode but that sure seems wrong both then and now.

So, how do you maximize profit while minimizing loss in this spot?

SB checks, I checked, Bu bet and we both called. The Turn:

2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I checked, Bu bet, we both called. The River:

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checked, I checked, Bu bet, SB (apparently on a draw) folder, I called.