Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Q-Q in SB with rag flop

Full Ring PP $100 NL.

Villain is in late position with $90. Hero is SB with $97.

Everyone folds to Villain who makes it 6 times the BB to $6. Folded to me in SB and after thinking about it, I make it $18. BB folds and he calls. Villain seemed to make a few questionable plays and certainly wasn’t worthy of a lot of respect, but didn’t seem to be a complete moron either.

($37) Flop: 8c 6d 4d

Hero bets $28 and Villain calls.

($96) Turn: 10h for a board of 8c 6d 4d 10h

Hero pushes in the rest of his stack for $43.50 and villain calls.

($178) River: 3d for a board of 8c 6d 4d 10h 3d.

My thought process preflop was that I had the best hand and didn’t want to let him suck out for cheap. Was a bit worried when he called but really thought I was ahead. I figured I had to bet into that flop, even though I was a bit worried about aces or kings but figured he could easily have 9-9, 10-10, J-J, Ad-Kd, or something goofy. I was real worried when he called the flop, and not sure what to do on the turn. I figured he could easily have something I could beat and with only $43.5 left and the pot at $96, I thought there was high enough probability that I had the best hand that I couldn’t check fold, so I figured I might as well pushed it in. What does everyone think? Any suggestions are welcome. I’ll post the results after getting a few responses.