Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Would you make this call?

First time poster... played $100NL tourney on Party last night with 380 players. Down to the final 12 people (6 on each table) and I'm shortstacked. I'm in BB with $13K chips and blinds are $1K/$2K. BB in previous hand was eliminated so there is no small blind. Gets checked around to button who puts his $15K chips all-in. I'm staring at A7o and thought the guy was loose and could literally be playing any two cards. Payout structure is such that places 10-12 get around $350, $750 for ninth, $1000+ for 8th and $9500 for first. I decide to call and he flips over K8o. Two kings come on flop and you know the rest. He then doubles up and wins around $3K placing third while I collect my $350 and wonder what might have been.

I'm mostly a limit 5/10 cash player who is starting to play more tourneys. Was curious to know your thoughts on making that call. While it was "correct" in the sense that I was favored 60/40, perhaps it wasn't the best risk/reward situation. I'm probably 60/40 at best, dominated at worst, and my whole tourney is on the line. Would appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Jeff