Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2005, 02:40 PM

Default The wtfsvi thread. (Combating long term tilt.)

I've been on tilt for a month or so now, and it sucks. I don't know if tilt is the correct term, it might be I'm going through the fase where I'm too LAG and think I'm better than I am. (Was it Ray Zee that talked about this? You've been through something similar at least iirc, theworstplayer?) Anyway, I play bad and it has to stop. (I tried this as a fix, but to stop playing is hardly a long term solution. I haven't been able to follow through with that "challenge" anyway, especially not the "I won't post much"-part ( [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), but I've played much less than normal and I've had a fun summer, so I'm good.)

The tilting had allready started before I played the NL$25-$1000 challenge, but I somehow managed to get my act together while I did that. (But I was still tilting away money playing careless NL$100 6max in between the challenge sessions.) Even though I ran extremely well through the challenge, the winning was not entirely caused by that. I also played well, and I would be quite happy if I could play that well all the time. This thread is an effort to make that happen.

I believe that the fact I had to post my stats really helped me focus, so I'm going to try to recreate that focus by posting how I've done after every week of play. (Kinda like theredpill, only he posts after every hand). I'll include my stats for the week, some key hands and stuff like that. (It might sound strange that the fact that some strangers in an internet forum will see my bad play is stronger motivation for not making it than winning/keeping my money, but remember that both of the motivations will pull together (and sadly for my poker game, I care too little about money and probably too much about my ego).

I'll also start on a really strict bankroll management. I'm going to cash out of EP so that I'm left with $1000 for NL$100. If it drops to $500, I'll drop to NL$50 and if it drops to $250 I'll drop to NL$25. Strictly no shots at the next level before I have ten buyins.

I think that this, in addition to helping me, could be helpful (mostly for new players) and maybe interesting for others as well. If anybody has thoughts or suggestions, or wants to tell me to not clog up the forum with my worthless drivel every week, please chime in. I think I'll post in this thread though, to keep the clogging to a minimum.

wtfsvi