Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2005, 03:35 AM

Default should I raise with these in a 10-player game?

I've been playing no lim for about 3 years and just started playing a little lim ring for fun (2/4 & 3/6). Still getting used to not being able to bet out the ace-rags/k-rags preflop

So, at a 10-player 2/4 tbl with roughly 4-5 callers guaranteed, im getting my ass handed to me with JJ, AK and AQ.

Question, if there are 5+ limpers in already, does it make any sense to raise from late position (or even the blinds) with AK, JJ, or QQ? Given I know everyone is going to call the raise anyway, it seems pointless.

Does it make sense only to raise with KK and AA when there are going to be 4-5 callers out there... and limp with the other starting hands? Seems like I only make money overall limping with suted cons and ace-rag suted + small pps, and raising with KK + AA. Queens are iffy and AK/AQ/JJ are killin me -- in these pots with many callers i mean. Especially when I get top pr/top kick with AK or hit a flop like QT8 with JJ

My bankroll is fine and im not losing money overall, but this is a leak I'd like to plug. Shorthanded play I do well