Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Help with a Strange Player

I just ran across a guy I couldn't figure out.

I was playing a $10 SNG on ultimate bet just for some Friday night fun and a break from the limit grind. This guy was a very weak, tight player for the entire SNG. I probably bluffed at him 15 times during the SNG and he folded all 15 times.

At one point, I had 11,000 of the 15,000 chips in play and there were 4 players left. The other 3 were about even and were all just trying to sneak in the money.

Then, this guy goes all-in from the small blind (with no limpers) with 64o. I called from the BB with K7.

I won the hand and he went ballistic. He started berating me for calling him with a weak hand. I thought I had him beat because EVERY time he limped from the small blind, I put in a good sized raise and he'd fold. We must have done that 10 times. I knew that if he had a big PP he would have limped and then gone over the top all-in when I raised. He could have counted on my raise like clockwork because it worked every single time. I knew I was at worst a 2-1 dog and I had a huge chip lead.

Anyway, the guy wouldn't leave the table. He stuck around talking Sh*t until the SNG was over. Here's the part I don't get:

He was trying to get me to play a heads-up $10/$20 game. While tempted, I didn't sit down because $5/10 is the highest limit I play. It doesn't seem to me that a pro would sit and play for an hour at a $10 SNG with the hope that he could sucker someone into a $10/20 limit game. It would be a serious waste of time.

I followed this guy. Turns out, he actually IS playing someone heads up at $10/$20 steaks. I watched him for about 10 minutes and couldn't get a read on the guy. He obviously wasn't a beginner, but he was on a serious card rush so I couldn't tell exactly where his skills were at.

Why would a guy be bouncing back and forth between a low buy-in SNG where the winner gets $50 for a game that took an hour and half to play......and a $10/$20 head's up limit game where the average pot is $148? He only played one table the whole time at both games.

Any thoughts?