Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2005, 09:04 PM

Default TPTK against thinking maniac?

Live game, heads up. I'm playing my roommate, Pete, for the master bedroom of our new two bedroom apartment.

Starting chips is t1000

t5/t10 blinds, non-escalating

Ryan [Hero]: t1200
Pete [Villian]: t800

Pete is loose aggressive, and knows that I play a more tight aggressive game, but he knows that I will fold big hands to aggression. He has folded top pair with K kicker on a relatively tame board against me before, giving me credit for a bigger hand.

I've played with him a lot, and he's a thinking player who attempts to hone in on situational weakness and uncomfortableness and tries to get people off their hands with trash. Doesn't seem to care what cards he gets delt, he doesn't tend to get to showdown often. However, because of this, he can get paid off on his bigger hands if I don't give him credit for hands.

Pete's philosophy seems to be that he can steal enough pots from me to take the worst of it when I call his all-in with a monster hand. Is this that spot?

I'm on the button and post my t5 small blind, Pete posts his t10 big blind. We play HU that dealer is SB and acts first preflop, but BB acts first post-flop.

I get delt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and make it t55 to go, tossing in a green t50 chip. Pete re-raises to t175 in total, and I call, knowing that at this point I am probably ahead, and he's making this raise to build a pot for him to take down on a low card flop with a push.

The pot is now t350
Ryan [hero]: t1025
Pete [villian]: t625
Flop comes: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Pete bets t625 and is all in.

Your move?