Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: I lost all of it

[ QUOTE ]
I did.

I had AJ on the

A J 5 board

and lost to 55.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright Morpheus, I am mostly a poster in the MTT department, but I happen to be looking over here today because I suck at cash games normally.

Yesterday, I had KK and lost 25 bucks to AA. You know what I did? I rebought.

Party poker is not a good sight to be playing if you want to build a bankroll. It's ridiculous to be playing at 10-25 dollar buy in tables when all you have is 100.

Variance is such a biggie in poker friend. Name the best player in the world and he will tell you that he would EASILY lose 100 bucks on party just like that.

Top two pair loses to 55 all the time. It happens. On party Tow two pair also takes out lots of donks. You just got the raw end of that deal.

However, can you not see how your posts come off as whine fests? You put a poll up and ask others to vote on that AJ vs 55 hand. Why? You post it as if you are complaining about a bad beat. If you really want discussion please generalize the question more, making it relate to game theory.

I have read like 15 of your posts today and you seem like you are down and frustrated and not handling yourself very well. You lost your roll for the day. It happens to all of us. We don't want to hear about it. Just like we don't like to read about bad beats unless they relate to poker theory.

Your posts need more depth, more insight, and less selfishness in order to be taken seriously. Every one of your posts are "Console me! Please!". That's all they come off as.

I'm not being mean, just letting you know without sarcasm how we all feel reading your posts. Please think about this and stop looking for pity and start really evaluating each hand you played and move on. I have had to redeposit so much it hurts but I keep learning and moving on with my life. Losing 100 every once and a while doesn't jolt me because I'm learning the game, and being responsible with my money.

Keep all of this in mind when desiring to play again. I suggest to go play at absolute poker for a while and play lower limits. Or stars. Something that your roll can handle.

I hope this helps.

Brad