Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: KQs, Misplayed all around

Hmm, tough spot!

Preflop: I like the raise. When you get reraised, you're obviously not happy though. KQo is an easy muck I think. With KQs it's closer. I fold it because I like to avoid tough situations like this hand, but I think it's close. If you don't have a good read on your opponent then I would certainly lean towards folding.

Flop: I like it. If raised, you are folding, right?

Another line you could use is check/call flop, bet the turn unless an ace falls, then play poker on the river. Actually, I might like this line better.

Turn: This is the toughest street. Getting raised sucks, but if you check, you might face a bet that you don't want to call. It looks like you are putting in a blocking bet here, and hoping that if he raises, it will be a min-raise that you can call. If AK/JJ made a loose call on the flop, your bet is probably big enough to chase him off now. Still, I think I like a $45 bet better given the pot size. It defines your hand a little more and might be less likely to get raised.

River: Good fold.