Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2005, 05:41 AM

Default to the experienced TAG( a little long)

Preledeum: This hand has had a disturbing impact on me.
I am button QQ black.full ring game 2/4 party
No good reads yet.
PS! If u havent got anything decent to contribute, save the effort and slag somewhere else

ep2 limps, lp limps, I raise blinds fold, ep2 reraises, lp calls, I cap, called by both

Flopp: Ac,Th,3d
both players check, I bet, ep raises, lp, calls, I reraise, both call.
Turn: Kd, ep bets, lp call, I raise, ep reraises, lp call I fold
river: 8c, ep bets, lp calls- ep JJ and lp 99 LOOOL

The hand in itself is not so interesting-but the psychological impact is.
I have worked hard towards becomming a tag, I play my big pockets and draws strongly, I can vary my play, and I do some moves( scared I got FPS, sometimes)

When I played 0,5/1 and 1/2 altogether about 25K hands, I had a VP$IP of 29, PFR 9,Aggro 1,5, went to showdown about 34 and a won at showdown 52, BB/100 of 5. I know I played to many hands, but I was better at folding hands with little prospect and pushing strongly those who did-I guess I was loose/passive agressive or close.

Now I am at 2/4 only 4K hands( I know it is nothing)

VP$IP 19, PFR 9 aggro 2,5 went to showdown 39, won at showdown 45 bb/100 -0,17

Trying to be a tag has made me diciplined enough to wait around for good hands or good situation, but I find it really hard to fold, and hands like above has made me paranoid.My losses are made up of only a few hands, but with large contribution to the pot
Being a tag puts a lot more pressure on preflopp play then I thought, and for some reason it seems everyone wants to get tricky with a tag. Or maybe I am just overrating the opposition, and should assume they dont pay to much attention to read if the are over 25/10?

Postludeum: Those of u far more experienced then me, lend me some advice please? What where your tag experiences in utero?