Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2005, 08:05 PM

Default PLEASE Help...Question regarding my \"quality\" of play

My bankroll is approximately $300. I've been playing for about 5 months now, and believe I am a decent player. I do extremely well in tournaments (especially sit and go...I make the money 2 out of 3 tourneys), but completely suck in ring games. I play the lower tables though. I play .05/.10 up to .50/$1 ring game tables. I believe players 'chase' cards on those tables though, so I decided to do what I never wanted to do...I sat in on a $3/$6 table. I kicked ass, and won about $500 in an hour and a half, truly a feat from a $300 bankroll player. I got in another for about 20 minutes a few hours ago and took another $150. I know this is what some of you make every day, but I'm seriously walking on cloud nine right now.

I then went to Vegas with my wife 2 weekends ago (got to see the WSOP live too, very nice), and I decided to try my luck in my first face to face tournament (small, just a $40 buy-in). Out of 2 tourneys, I came in 7th out of 80 players for $300 in one, and came in 2nd the nest time, winning $780.

Bottom line is, do you guys think I should stick to my SnG tourneys and higher limit ring games? I have a feeling that I'm losing the smaller limit tables because people 'chase' cards too often (I usually lose to the river on some gut shot crap). I just don't want ot make a bad decision and start losing everything I've just won on a lucky "rush" for a day. I believe I read people okay as well, at least from what my small buy-in tourney tells me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Please help, this is actually bothering me.